What Is It?
Athletic Nutrients is designed to support physical training and performance. It is a complete hypo-allergenic, nutrient rich, highly bioavailable multi-vitamin, multimineral and trace element supplement. The formula combines superior mineral cofactors, activated vitamins, antioxidants and pH balanced creatine to target endurance, energy and lesson muscle fatigue.*
• Support for athletic training and physical performance*
• High potency, hypo-allergenic, vegetarian formula
• Activated vitamins and superior mineral chelates for optimal absorption*
• 800 mcg Metafolin® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (L-5-MTHF), the naturally occurring universally metabolized form of folate*
• Potassium phosphate combined with calcium and magnesium for healthy muscle function*
• Copper, manganese, selenium and zinc for healthy tendons, ligaments and joints*
• Kre-Alkalyn® pH balanced creatine has an enhanced stability profile allowing lower optimal dosing. Research involving endurance athletes and professional athletes indicates that it enhances ATP production and performance in working muscle, as well as lessens muscle soreness due to lactic acid.*
• CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondria and plays a key role in the synthesis of ATP. In a double blind crossover study involving Finnish top-level crosscountry skiers, CoQ10 supported physical performance.*
• Krebs cycle intermediate alpha ketoglutarate acts as a key substrate for energy production, helping maximize fat and carbohydrate utilization. Studies have revealed that alpha ketoglutarate may also help muscle protein synthesis and recovery.*
• Lessens muscle soreness and fatigue with n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), alpha lipoic acid and l-carnosine. In a placebo-controlled high intensity exercise study, NAC promoted a healthy inflammatory balance and lessened muscle soreness.*
• Protects muscles from oxidative stress with PowerGrape®, green tea and polyphenols from mangosteen, açai, noni, pomegranate and quebracho extract.*
• PowerGrape® promoted plasma antioxidant capacity during competition and supported performance in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial involving athletes. In another study involving 11 sportsmen, PowerGrape® promoted endogenous vitamin C, ubiquinone and reduced glutathione levels.*
What Is The Source?
The nutrients found in Athletic Nutrients are derived from the following:
Mixed carotenoids: Blakeslea trispora
Lycopene: natural tomato concentrate
Lutein: marigold flower extract
Vitamin C: corn dextrose fermentation
Vitamin D3: cholesterol from wool fat (lanolin)
Vitamin E: soybean oil
Vitamin K1: synthetic
Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl): synthetic
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): corn dextrose fermentation
Niacinamide and Niacin: synthetic
Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate): synthetic
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal HCl): synthetic
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin): corn dextrose fermentation
Folic acid (Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF): synthetic
Minerals: naturally derived from limestone
Sources of the mineral chelates include:
Citrate: corn dextrose fermentation
Mixed carotenoid profile typically contains 2,000 mcg beta carotene, 112 mcg lycopene, 223 mcg lutein and 50 mcg zeaxanthin. Kre-Alkalyn® (pH balanced creatine) is synthetic. Natural coenzyme Q10 is derived from fermentation. Alpha ketoglutarate, alpha lipoic acid, n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) and l-carnosine are synthetic. PowerGrape® extract is derived from Vitis vinifera whole fruit and standardized to contain 85% total polyphenols. Superfruit antioxidant blend is from mangosteen, açai, noni, pomegranate and quebracho extracts. Decaffeinated green tea extract is derived from Camellia sinensis leaf and standardized to contain 70% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG).
There is no detectable GMO material in this product.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 4 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals, or as directed by a health professional. 180 Vegetable Capsules per Container.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Rarely, some ingredients have been associated with mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. Green tea or alpha lipoic acid can cause headache in sensitive individuals. Creatine can cause muscle cramping. Creatine supplementation may be contra-indicated for individuals with kidney disease. One case report of creatine supplementation has been related to each of the following: atrial fibrillation, dermatitis and acute interstitial nephritis. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
CoQ10, green tea and grape extract may be contra-indicated with blood thinning medications. n-Acetyl-l-cysteine is contra-indicated with nitroglycerin. Individuals taking anti-diabetes medications with alpha lipoic acid may need to have their blood glucose levels monitored. Consult your physician for more information.
Posted by Dr Dave on 31st Oct 2012
A favorite of many different athletes trying to alway make themselves better. This product covers all the bases of what you need to perform better.
Posted by Dr. Dave on 17th Oct 2012
This is a great one that is used by many of my athletic patients. It is one of the best full nutrient based products that will give you energy as well.